September 29th, the Feast of the Archangels marks the beginning of a powerful novena of feast days. We get particularly excited here about this day because of our dedication to the Archangel Raphael, the angel sent to heal and guide in the Book of Tobit. But St. Michael is also an important intercessor that we rely on. As the world seems to be getting darker as we hear of all that’s going on in Iraq and Syria with the advancement of ISIS and the horrific persecution of Christians there, I think this week takes on particular significance in terms of a prayer agenda for all Christians.
Nine days after the feast of the Archangels, we mark a very important day, October 7th, the Feast of Our Lady of Victory, also known as Our Lady of The Most Holy Rosary, because of the role the Rosary played in defeating the advancement of the Muslim Turks at the Battle of Lepanto, and more recently in giving protection from nuclear blast and in defeating the advancement of Communism in various parts of the world.
Between these days the Church has lined up some other powerful feast days. October 1st marks the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, doctor of the church and champion of simple faith and trust as the key to moving God’s heart. October 2nd is the feast of the Guardian angels, those special protectors and intercessors assigned in love to each and every one of us, to guide and protect us as we make our way through this life. October 4th marks the feast of the great St. Francis– charged by God with rebuilding His church. With our Holy Father Pope Francis this feast takes on special significance at this time in history. October 5th is the feast of St. Faustina, first saint canonized in the new millennium. To St. Faustina was entrusted the mission to bring the message of God’s unfathomable Divine Mercy to the world.
A powerful line up- wouldn’t you say?!
I think it’s important that we not allow this opportunity to pass us by. Let’s commit to a novena of prayer for God’s healing mercy to be poured out on this world and for protection and in solidarity with our fellow Christians being martyred in the Middle East. I can think of no prayer better than the Rosary and no time that it has been more critically needed than right now.
At Fatima and in other apparitions, Mary has repeatedly urged us to pray the Rosary and promised that there is no problem that cannot be resolved by this prayer. But regrettably many Catholics have never heard about the amazing power of the Rosary. We need to change that!
Here’s my suggestion: a “Rosary Challenge”, if you will…
- If you already pray the Rosary daily, during this novena, pray two Rosaries…or at least add an additional decade.
- Leading up to, during and even after this novena, share this message with as many people as you can and encourage them to pray the Rosary- even if just one decade per day.
- Post this article on Facebook and other social media to get the word out.
- Find at least one person (or more!) and offer to teach them the Rosary- or better yet, schedule time to pray it with them.
- Ask your pastor to start including instructions on how to pray the rosary in your church bulletin. Suggest to your pastor to start adding one decade of the Rosary and the St. Michael prayer after each Mass on Sunday (it takes exactly 2 minutes and would be optional to stay)
- Include in the pulpit announcements each week that instructions and information about praying the Rosary will be in the bulletin. Ask them to include some of these quotes about the power of the Rosary both in the announcements and in the bulletin.
- Get a printable pastor pack and contact your pastor without delay. Pastor Pack – Click below to download documents
- How to Pray the Holy Rosary
- Letter for pastors for Rosary Campaign
- Quotes and Benefits of Praying the Rosary
Imagine if at each parish in America (17, 483 parishes) even 30 more people began praying the Rosary daily? That would be over a half million Rosaries a day! We can move some mountains with that! And with an important mid-term election coming up, we can make a big difference in America. As Padre Pio referred to it, the Rosary is our weapon against evil. We need an army to advance NOW against this encroaching darkness. Our Lady assures us it is the key to peace and to the Triumph of Her Immaculate Heart, promised at Fatima. So, please join in the fight, enlist your parish and let’s get going!
St. Gabriel, St. Michael and St. Raphael, pray for us!
Liked This Article?
Sign up now to join our mailing list. Bonus: Get our free ebook '8 Keys to Emotional and Spiritual Freedom'.
Please check your inbox for further instructions.
Affiliate Link Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. I only recommend resources I personally believe in and always have the interests of my clients and subscribers at heart.